Sunday 13 May 2012

Logun Solo and Ripley AR5s target practice

The first shooting video on my page HERE is just a small compilation of me shooting some home made spinner targets and some CO2 canisters.

I am using the .22 calibre Logun Solo at 12 ft.lb with the camera mounted behind the scope so that you can see exactly what I see through the scope when I'm shooting. The scope is a AGS 3-9x40 Cobalt and the pellets are Daystate Li.

The Second video on my page HERE is me shooting some more of the same targets with the Logun Solo and then moving onto testing some grouping shots with the Logun solo again and also the Ripley AR5s running at about 32ft.lb. The Ripley has a Swarovski Habicht 8x50 scope on top and is shooting Bisley Magnum pellets. as you can see from the grouping shots, they aren't great groups. These grouping tests are what encouraged me to test out some new pellets in both guns and I have some MUCH better groups now using Falcon accuracy plus pellets in the Logun and using Air arms 16grain pellets in the Ripley. Keep your eyes out for the next videos showing the new grouping tests as well as some new targets that I have made that are not only smaller but much stronger and will take a hell of a beating without deforming. Also they will be at a mixture of ranges going out to at least 50 yards and maybe even further if I can find a good place to set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment